A DJW Working Group is a forum for DJW members and interested persons to share their ideas and knowledge and discuss topics relevant for both Germany and Japan in a small circle and in an informal atmosphere. The working groups are important for DJW because they provide the opportunity to receive inspiration and valuable input by experts as well as the opportunity to discuss topics in greater detail and depth than it would be possible during our seminars and symposia.
As manufacturers in all industries are struggling to manage the pandemic’s growing impact on their supply chains, the current situation has forced Germany and Japanese companies to rely almost solely digital communication, using cloud services and IT outsourcing in many cases. This creates new IT supply risks and forces companies to re-think their IT strategies.
We will discuss not only about cyber risks, but also more in general about IT service management considering financial, legal and political risks as well as how to recover from this crisis and how to learn from it.
- Dr. Hermann Gumpp (Enobyte GmbH): Introduction of Topic
- RA Johanna Bast (Osborne Clarke): "Contractual Issues of IT-Outsourcing"
- Dipl.-Inf. Martin Uhl (TU München): “To cloud or not to cloud?"
The working group meeting is followed by informal discussions at a nearby beergarden.
Questions to be discussed
- What is a resilient IT infrastructure comprised of?
- What would have happened if Corona would have been a computer virus?
- How are Japanese and German companies handling the situation?
- How can the current crisis be facilitated to increase online business?
Non-members of DJW are also welcome to participate free of charge. Please register via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.