To help raise EU industrial competitiveness, the EU-Japan Centre organises in-depth visits to European plants to discuss best practice and facilitate the sharing of ideas and networking. 25 companies have been visited since 2013 (2 visits were double visits, each taking in 2 companies).
These best practice visits are designed to inspire the participants along their companies' lean journeys and can also provide valuable feedback to the host companies. Participants learn about the host company's 'lean journey' in its relentless drive to be competitive, and uses process optimisation, lean management tools and - where relevant - AI/IoT to drive its business forward. During the 'Gemba' visit, participants will see the lean tools, used by the host company, in operation.
- Assembly point: Berlin Tegel Airport (TGL)
- 10:30 Meeting room at Tegel Airport opens (light refreshments available)
- 12:00 Networking buffet lunch (to 12:45)
- 12:45 Preparatory lean discussion begins (ends 14:15)
- 14:30 Move to BMW Group Plant Berlin
- 15:00 Visit to BMW Group Plant Berlin begins
- 19:30 Visit to BMW Group Plant Berlin ends
- Transfer either back to Tegel Airport (for people who can get a late flight home) or to a city centre hotel for dinner (paid for by EU-Japan Centre) and accommodation (paid by each participant)
Detailed information: https://www.eu-japan.eu/events/lean-europe-visit-26-bmw-group-plant-berlin
How do the Lean in Europe visits work?
A video recorded during the 2017 visit to Hansamatrix will give you a taste of what a Lean in Europe visit entails. The precise structure of each visit is unique and specific details can be found on the individual visit webpages. Unlike other Lean in Europe visits, this is a one-day mission. After the debriefing session participants can either leave to travel home (by car/night flight) or join a networking dinner at a Berlin hotel.
Participants will be expected to cover their own travel costs and (if they need it) hotel accommodation costs. The EU-Japan Centre will cover the costs of the lunch, pre-meeting at Berlin Tegel airport, coach transfer to BMW and onward transfer back to the airport/to a city hotel, plus the networking dinner.
phone: +32 2 282 3714