How can my SME benefit from the preferential rates linked to the Rules of Origin?
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement will come into force in 2019 giving opportunities to European SMEs to start exporting or strengthen their exports to Japan. The agreement lets exporters benefit from preferential rates provided that their products are made within the European Union. However, the Rules of Origin can become complex to understand, especially when the supply chain involves multiple countries. The goal of this webinar is to provide easy to understand information about what the Rules of Origin are. It will also act as a guide for SMEs with regards to the procedures they need to follow in order to prove their goods are from the EU.
The webinar is targeted to European SMEs seeking to understand and benefit from the EU-Japan EPA.
Date of webinar: later date this year.
Time of webinar is Brussels time: 10:30 - 11:30
What you will learn during this webinar:
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover how to:
- Understand how your SME can benefit from the Rules of Origin and preferential rates
- Determine in which cases the goods you are exporting will be considered as originating from the EU
- Find which rule to apply to prove your products are European
- Understand the exceptions and tolerances to the rules
- Find out where necessary documents are and which procedures to follow
- Know which tariffs will be lowered after the agreement comes into force
- Learn about a Greek SME’s experience with exporting to Japan
- Expert’s presentation
- Q&A Session
Speakers: Laurene Oudart - Project Manager - Tokyoesque.
Organiser: EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation - Brussels Office
Please use this webform for registration.
(Registration deadline: 24/09/2018)