"Demographic change and digital revolution"
Are Japanese and German businesses ready for a shift in workforce?
Diese Veranstaltung liegt bereits in der Vergangenheit.Aktuelle DJW-Veranstaltungen anzeigen
As highly industrialized countries, Japan and Germany can draw on outstanding technological developments, especially in the fields of robotics, digitization, automation and artificial intelligence. Obviously, they are in a favorable position to make positive use of the demographic change ‒ and hence benefit from arising chances for business and investments.
The population development in Germany and Japan is creating new markets and innovative business models. The ‘Silver Market’, financially strong seniors, is already a valued target group for tourism, e-health and (elderly) care. Within company structures themselves, ‘agile management’ and ‘new work’ open new opportunities to use available manpower more efficiently.
This year's DJW symposia in Nürnberg and Tokyo aim to shed light on demographic change as an opportunity for new business models, innovations and technologies. In addition, we will discuss the question of how small and medium-sized enterprises particularly benefit from the trends 'digital revolution' and elements of 'new work'.
3.30 p.m. ‒ Opening
- Gerhard Wiesheu, Chairman, Japanese-German Business Associaton (DJW)
- Dr. Armin Zitzmann, Chairman of the Board of Management, NÜRNBERGER Beteiligungs-AG
- H. E. Takeshi Yagi, Ambassador of Japan to Germany
4.00 p.m. ‒ Panel I: "Demographic change in Japan and Germany – Consequences for our economies"
- Dr. Felix Lill, Japan correspondent / Journalist
- Naoki Matsumoto, I. Secretary and Attaché of Labour, Embassy of Japan in Germany
- Dr. Robert Mayr, Chairman of the Board, DATEV eG
- Moderation: Dr. Julia Münch, Managing Director, DJW
5 - 5.30 p.m. ‒ Break, Networking
5.30 p.m. ‒ Panel II: "Chances for companies in Germany and Japan"
- Anne Christin Braun, Senior Marketing Manager, Digital Health Hub Lead / ZOLLHOF – Tech Incubator
- Dr. Benjamin Nixdorf, Managing Director Europe, Zuken GmbH
- Andrea Schindler, Project Manager Future Learning, Continental Automotive GmbH
- Nobuhiro Tani, Manager / Robot Engineer, OTC DAIHEN EUROPE GmbH
- Moderation: Anne Pomsel, Deputy Director, DJW
6.30 p.m. ‒ Impulses for implementation
- Mathias Maul, Principal, MAULCO. Digital Strategy — Change Management — Transcultural Marketing
Link to transcript: https://maulco.com/en/opinions/demographic-change-digital-revolution-impulses-implementation/
6.45 p.m. ‒ Close
7 - 8.30 p.m. ‒ Reception
Our Members' Assembly took place right before the symposium.
Impressions DJW Symposium (Nürnberg, 15.05.2019)
- DJW - Symposium (Nürnberg, 15.05.2019)_Directions
- DJW - Symposien 2019_Sponsoring dt
- DJW - Symposien 2019_Sponsoring jp