The advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AI) displayed by machines is breathtaking: With the help of knowledge engineering methods, high-performance computers are able to produce results that are beyond capabilities of humans. AI can be applied in various business fields and industries such as transportation, healthcare, finance, security, gaming, and more. The technology has the potential to reshape how companies operate across functions, including process automation, marketing and customer service. The digital transformation will certainly generate massive economic value. At the same time, it will challenge our economies and businesses, as it will completely change the way we work.
How can companies respond to recent developments and smarten their businesses? How will they gain the necessary big data and tackle data privacy issues? How could Japan and Germany combine forces to safely implement AI in our societies? Will they be able to develop outstanding international standards to improve their market position versus dominant players from other countries?
With its symposium, DJW provides a platform to network and discuss recent developments with regard to AI and its application in Japan and Germany.
The DJW Members' Assembly will take place at the same venue on the same day right after the symposium.
- Dr. Hannes Ametsreiter, CEO, Vodafone Deutschland
- Peter Boras, Chief Executive Officer, RoboticsX
- Thomas Geisel, Mayor of the City of Düsseldorf
- Toshimitsu Kawano, Managing Director, Beckhoff Japan
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Rainer Knauf, Ilmenau University of Technology, Faculty for Computer Science and Automation, Head of Artificial Intelligence
- Dr. Julia Münch, Director, DJW
- Sascha Poggemann, Founder, Cognigy
- Armin Schlenk, Director, YASKAWA Europe
- Stephan Schneider, Senior Manager, Vodafone Deutschland
- Gerhard Wiesheu, Chairman, Japanese-German Business Association (DJW)
- .... and others
April 16, 2018 (Monday)
- from 9 a.m.: Registration
- 10 a.m.: Opening and Welcome
- 10.30 a.m.: Introduction
- 11.15 a.m.: Coffee Break, Networking
- 12 noon: Panel, moderated Discussion
- 2 p.m.: Lunch Break, Networking
- DJW members: EUR 0 / JPY 0
- Non members: EUR 40 / JPY 5,500
Bank details and invoice will be provided after registration.
Just like in the past years, our members and interested third parties are offered to particularly present themselves with banner, logo and/or booth.
Kindly contact the DJW Team if you are interested in sponsoring the event (email@example.com); details are summarized in the pdf file below.