The advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AI) displayed by machines is breathtaking: With the help of knowledge engineering methods, high-performance computers are able to produce results that are beyond capabilities of humans. AI can be applied in various business fields and industries such as transportation, healthcare, finance, security, gaming, and more. The technology has the potential to reshape how companies operate across functions, including process automation, marketing and customer service. The digital transformation will certainly generate massive economic value. At the same time, it will challenge our economies and businesses, as it will completely change the way we work.
How can companies respond to recent developments and smarten their businesses? How will they gain the necessary big data and tackle data privacy issues? How could Japan and Germany combine forces to safely implement AI in our societies? Will they be able to develop outstanding international standards to improve their market position versus dominant players from other countries?
With its symposium, DJW provided a platform to network and discuss recent developments with regard to AI and its application in Japan and Germany.
The DJW Members' Assembly took place at the same venue on the same day right after the symposium.
- Hideto Aikawa, Senior Manager Corporate Research & Development, Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Dr. Hannes Ametsreiter, CEO, Vodafone Deutschland
- Peter Boras, Chief Executive Officer, RoboticsX
- Carsten Dolch, CEO & CTO, FoxBase
- Thomas Geisel, Mayor of the City of Düsseldorf
- Dr. Lorenz Granrath, Supervisory Innovation Coordinator, Japanese National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
- Toshimitsu Kawano, Managing Director, Beckhoff Japan
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Rainer Knauf, Ilmenau University of Technology, Faculty for Computer Science and Automation, Head of Artificial Intelligence
- Yuko Kurihara, Oﬃce Principal Deputy Director, Robotics Policy, Manufacturing Industries Bureau, Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Dr. Ehler Lange, Head of Data Science, METRO AG
- Ryuta Mizuuchi, Consul General of Japan
- Dr. Julia Münch, Director, DJW
- Armin Schlenk, Director, YASKAWA Europe
- Stephan Schneider, Senior Manager, Vodafone Deutschland
- Gerhard Wiesheu, Chairman, Japanese-German Business Association (DJW)
- Martina Yazgan, Business Development Partner Manager, Cognigy
April 16, 2018 (Monday)
"Sky Lounge", 18 Floor
- from 9 a.m.: Registration
- 10 a.m.: Opening and Welcome
- 10.30 a.m.: Introduction and Panel
- 11.35 a.m.: Coffee Break, Networking
- 12 noon: Panels and Outlook
- 2 p.m.: Lunch Break, Networking
Impressions DJW Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Booklet
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Slides Prof. Knauf
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Slides Schlenk_YASKAWA
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Slides Dr. Lange_METRO
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Kurihara_METI
- DJW - Symposium (Düsseldorf, 16.04.2018)_Slides Dr. Granrath_AIST
- DJW - Symposium 2018_Program
- DJW - Sponsoring Symposien 2018 dt