During this meeting, we want to talk about meaningful contents and the agenda of the 3rd General Conference. This year, we are planning to get connected via a digital collaboration tool (Microsoft Teams). This provides players of both start startup ecosystems with the unique opportunity to efficiently network across borders without costs.
The idea for the “Germany-Japan Startups Platform” was born in 2016 when DJW made startups and their ecosystems in Germany and Japan topic of its anniversary symposiums in Berlin and Tokyo.
- In February 2017, the 1st General Conference took place with almost 200 participants connecting two big cities and their startups simultaneously via video conference.
- The 2nd simultaneous conference took place in Berlin, NRW and Tokyo in September 2018.
The Platform aims to establish a basic framework for an effective cooperation among startup companies in Germany and Japan; it is a unique platform offering startups in Germany and Japan a direct connection to each other. We know of the importance of face-to-face meetings. Therefore, the ultimate goal of this platform is to establish at first a startup ecosystem based on digitization, which would then lead to personal meetings of our participants either in Germany, Japan, or somewhere else.
- DJW YouTube Clip about the 1st GC (German / Japanese)
- Report of TV.Berlin about the 1st GC (German)
- DJW Event Archive (English)
Please see more information about our Germany-Japan Startups Platform here.