Almost 50 DJW members joined the roundtable at Roppongi Hills Club, where we were kindly hosted by our supporting member Mori Building Real Estate Investment Advisory Co., Ltd., represented by its President, Sadao Muraoka. It was a great opportunity to exchange ideas and expectations and gave us a chance to get to know each other better and explain about future plans and upcoming events.
After insightful introductory speeches of the German Ambassador to Japan, Dr. Hans Carl von Werthern, DJW's Honorary Chairman, Dr. Ruprecht Vondran, and our Chairman, Gerhard Wiesheu, a lively discussion was held on the future activities of our Japanese-German Business Association. Several „hot topics“ could be identified, such as
- free trade and the need to teach companies about the chances that the EPA offers,
- SME and startups cooperation,
- M&A and business collaboration in third countries (such as China),
- corporate social responsibility,
- digitizations and its challenges and cooperation possibilities, such as artificial intelligence and Industry 4.0, data protection, crypto currencies and block chain,
- ageing society and health care,
- future energy mix,
- career management, such as employer branding and talent recruitment.
All in all, we enjoyed a lot of „food for thought“ and agreed to foster the interactive exchange between members.