Together with DoKomi, we invite our DJW members and interested business representatives to join us for our DJW Kai. Over the past 14 years, DoKomi has evolved into the most-visited and most-trending convention for Japanese pop culture in Germany, focusing on anime, manga, cosplay, games, fashion, music, and food. DJW is happy to cooperate with our member and further explore the potential of a joint and fruitful collaboration on events.
The rising awareness of Japanese products and the firmly established demand of Japanese pop culture throughout the world spans several generations by now. The growing market attracts further companies and – of course – potential customers. With the increasing number of players comes the competition for customers and partners, for market share and marketing attention, as well as for the talents of today and tomorrow.
Therefore, an efficient, unique-characteristic, and well-targeted branding is an important pilar for a company’s well-recognized brand placement. We will discuss the topic of corporate branding with special focus on the challenges and potential of the anime sector. How does the branding strategy differ depending on the targeted and originating market? How can a successful position within the anime world support the company’s overall name recognition? How do companies position themselves within the pool of talents?
The speakers at our DJW Kai will share their first-hand experience in their respective field of business, and we will get to learn more about the environment they operate in. We will look at how pop culture and other businesses influence each other and offer networking opportunities with market actors.
Words of Greeting
- Consul General Setsuko Kawahara
- Andreas Degen, CEO, AkibaDreams
- Stefan Kirmse, SVP Corporate Brand and Communications, Wacom
- Bea Ohling, Edoline
- Domenic Wassiljew, Licence Manager, Cross Cult
- Max Witter, Sales- und Marketing-Manager, heo
- 12:30 – Meeting inside CCD South Congress Building at DJW Roll-Up, enter building at "Presse-Eingang"
- 13:00 – 14:00 Exclusive Guided Tour on the DoKomi premises
- 14:00 – 15:30 Opening Ceremony of DoKomi 2023
- 15:30 – 16:00 Networking and Light Lunch
- 16:00 – 17:30 DJW Kai including Panel Discussion and Q&A with Audience
- 17:30 – 18:00 Networking
- 20:00 – Doors Close of Dokomi
The number of participants at this DJW Kai is limited to 30. All participants of this DJW Kai receive a complimentary day ticket to DoKomi.
According to our conditions of participation, the participation fee is due for no-shows as well. Registered participants who need to cancel their attendance may do so by email up to 3 days prior to the event. Thank you for your cooperation.
Deutsch-Japanischer Wirtschaftskreis e. V. (DJW)
- DJW meets DoKomi (Düsseldorf, 30.06.2023) - Directions - Over All
- DJW meets DoKomi (Düsseldorf, 30.06.2023) - Directions - Close Up