Legal Trainee (Intern)
Praktikum / Traineestelle
Strategic Business Innovator Berlin GmbH is the German subsidiary of SBI Holdings, Inc., a Japanese financial conglomerate and one of Japan‘s most active investors. We operate consulting and investment in the venture capital industry with a focus on innovative sectors such as Industry 4.0 and Impact.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a motivated and talented Legal Trainee.
As a Legal Trainee, you will be engaged in documentation work such as the drafting, negotiation and reviewing of a variety of agreements (investment agreements etc.). You will work closely with the investment team to support our fund and investment cases. Also, you will be involved in other business projects for our Japanese origin company (GmbH).
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on dynamic, cutting-edge legal projects and further develop your profile.
- Work with the fund team on regulatory questions and issues
- Work on legal documentations and various agreements related to fund investments
- Advise on different aspects of investment and fund-related work from a German law perspective
- Work on GmbH-related contracts as well as legal issues and questions
- More generally, help coordinate and streamline legal work with our partners
- Conduct administrative tasks
Your qualification and experience:
- Law degree(s)
- Previous working experience in a law firm, the legal department of a Venture Capital firm, a financial institution or investment company
- Experience in reviewing investment and fund-related agreements such as Investment Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, etc.
- Command of legal knowledge, especially German Gesellschaftsrecht, Handelsrecht, Arbeitsrecht, etc.
- Business-level fluency in written and spoken German and English
- Strong proficiency in using MS Office
Your personal profile:
- Entrepreneurial mindset with interest in startups
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solver
- High motivation to work in a culturally diverse environment (Interest in working with start-ups and in an unique Japanese-German working culture)
What we offer you:
- The chance to gain insights and work experience in a multi-national VC Fund
- Feedback culture for further personal development
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months internship (extension to be discussed)
- Your office environment: Modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to Checkpoint Charlie (however, currently home office due to Covid-19)
- How to apply: Please submit your CV in English and German and two references to email@example.com.