Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d) (Japan / Europe Legal Coordination)
Our client is a leading Japanese manufacturer of electronic appliances and solutions in the consumer, automotive and B2B industries.
The company’s multinational team has members coming from over 50 different nationalities, spread across several offices in Europe. Now our client is looking for a motivated legal expert to join the European Legal and Compliance team based in Germany.
Objectives, Tasks and Responsibilities
In this role you are the key interface between the company’s European Legal and Compliance team and the HQ/ offices in Japan. Your responsibilities include:
• Coordination of Legal and Compliance tasks as well as specific projects e.g. the introduction of group wide Legal and Compliance initiatives in the region
• Definition of improvements for Legal and Compliance in the region
• Liaising with and providing Legal and Compliance advice, guidance and training to the business on relevant issues
• Undertaking Compliance checks and trainings in Japanese for the local Japanese Managements and expats
• Content preparation for and participation in meetings with the HQ and offices on site in Japan
• Legal Planning (costs, outside counsel management, reporting)
• Reporting directly to the general Legal Counsel
• Successfully completed university degree in Law and relevant legal/ compliance experience
• Experience as an inhouse legal counsel, ideally for a Japanese company
• First experience of working in Europe is a “nice to have”
• Near-native command of the Japanese and English language (C2 level), German is a plus but not essential
• Ability to work in a complex international environment, intercultural understanding between Japan and Europe and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
• Superior communication and coordination skills, including the ability to work independently in an organized, structured manner
• Strong time and project management skills
• Willingness to travel regularly within Europe (10-15 trips per year) and to Japan (2-trips per year)
What you can expect:
A career “step up” within a growing international corporate structure. As the key communicator between Europe and Japan you have the opportunity to apply your legal expertise and unique intercultural knowhow as part of a dynamic team.
A competitive salary and company car complete the package.
+49 211 - 749 686 - 36
We look forward to your application!