International Sales & Business Development Manager – Licenced Anime Products
Our client is the European subsidiary of a well-known Japanese trading company. Their product range is broad and extends from raw materials and consumer goods to various services.
As a next business step, out client is looking to invest in a new product area: licensed anime products. The product range is diverse with a focus on printed products such as apparel, toys etc.
For their Düsseldorf HQ, our client is looking for a proactive anime enthusiast with several years of experience in the licensing business to establish strong relationships to retailers and build up this new business "from scratch".
The aim of the position is simple: to sell anime products to various retailers across Europe.
Your benefit? The products already exist alongside corporate structures backing the endeavour. At the same time, you will be starting from zero. This means you can fully focus on building the business in your own way and still benefit from the various support systems of an international conglomerate.
Your tasks will include:
- Identifying potential dealers and developing partnerships across the European market
- Intensive care of the acquired customers to build and ensure long-term partnerships
- Constant market observation/research and identification of new licensing opportunities
- Negotiating and drafting license agreements and ensuring that licensees comply with agreements
- Close cooperation/communication with your line manager, the back office and - on a global level - with the HQ in Tokyo and all worldwide offices
- Successfully completed (commercial) vocational training or studies, preferably in the field of business administration, marketing, Japanese studies or similar
- Relevant professional experience in the licensing business or in retail including an existing customer network
- Interest in manga/ anime/ Japanese pop culture
- A feel for customer needs as well as creative, solution-oriented thinking and negotiating skills
- Strategic/ entrepreneurial thinking paired with a hands-on mentality
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of an international team
- Business fluent in English
- Confident handling of MS Office applications
- A high willingness to travel within Europe
- A versatile role in an international group with a wide range of tasks
- The opportunity to build up a business unit "from scratch" with plenty of freedom for your own creativity
- 2 days home office / week (travel days are counted as office days)
- In addition to the base salary, the company also offers other social benefits, vacation pay, a 13th monthly salary and a performance-related bonus
- Free drinks and discounted food
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Esther Auffermann under +49 (0)211 749686-36.
Please only apply via our job portal: https://jobs.fischer-hrm.de/vacancies/4663_international-sales-%26amp%3b-business-development-manager-%E2%80%93-licenced-anime-products-mwd.html
We look forward to receiving your application!