Managing Director Japan (m/f/d) 【代表取締役】ボトリング・パッケージングのトータルソリューションのドイツ企業
Our client is a renowned German cooperation and provider of all-round solutions for the bottling and packaging industry. This includes, but is not limited to, the planning and realisation of turnkey factories, manufacturing of the necessary machinery (including for the recycling of packaging plastics) and digitisation of processes.
Worldwide the company has approx. 17,000 employees, with 850 in the Asian-Pacific region.
Every fourth drink container in the world runs through a filling plant put in place by our customer!
For their Japanese subsidiary in Tokyo the company is currently looking for a Managing Director, who can function as the face of the company to the outside while simultaneously managing and taking care of the organisation, its people and its structures internally.
The focus of this position will be the management of the Japanese Branch in all aspects of operation and finance.
The main tasks and priorities include:
• Implementation and final approval of various business activities in the region including various contracts, changes to local infrastructure etc.
• Development and implementation of business plans in order to drive continuous improvement and cost efficiency
• Responsibility for cash management in line with agreed budgets as well as various financial reporting (including Profit & Loss statement, tax-related topics, balance sheets etc.)
• Maintaining positive relations with business partners, stakeholders, and authorities including the acquisition and the retention of customers in order to optimize sales activi-ties in the region
• Disciplinary and professional leadership of the subsidiary’s employees while simultaneously serving as a role-model to boost morale and solidarity
• Improvement and development of internal structures in close collaboration with the local management team
• Close cooperation with the the regional Head-office for Asia Pacific and the Head Quarter in Germany in the development of strategic projects for Japan and the region
• Acting as the “communication interface” to ensure a smooth communication between the Japanese subsidiary and the Headquarter in Germany esp. With regards to new machine sales etc
• Successfully completed university degree or vocational training
• Intensive and relevant professional experience as General Manager or equivalent management function
• Background in the sales of technical equipment and/ or machinery - experience in the area of filling, packaging or processing technology ideal but not necessary
• Language skills: business fluent Japanese and English are a must, knowledge of German welcome
• Solid understanding of the standard Microsoft Office programs
• High level of appropriate technical and soft skills for effective negotiation and representation in sales
• Ability to think in the general context as well as in technical and economic processes
• Strong international communication skills as well as a balanced combination between leadership and team-orientation
• Ability to remain level-headed in the face of challenges/ issues and to handle these with the appropriately amount of empathy and assertiveness
• A high-level management position, working as part of an internationally renowned company with high-quality products and large market presence
• A competitive compensation package including car allowance
Please only apply via our job portal: https://jobs.fischer-hrm.de/stellenanzeigen/4317_managing-director-japan-mfd.html
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Esther Auffermann under +49 (0)211 749686-36.
Miho Ouchi 大内 未歩
Tel.: +49 211 749686-38
We look forward to receiving your application!