Accounting Manager Europe (m/f/d)
Our client is a Japanese manufacturer of pet food and pet-care products which has established a market presence for itself on a global level. As part of its expanding strategy for Europe, our client established the European HQ in Düsseldorf in the beginning of 2021 and is continuing to build up the team.
Currently the accounting for all the subsidiaries is outsourced. Due to the continued growth of the business, the company is looking for an Accounting Manager (m/f/d) to help establish the new accounting strategy for Europe in close collaboration with the Japanese HQ.
The plans for the (re)structuring of the accounting are currently not set in stone and can be adjusted according to the skillset and suggestions of the candidate. Especially regarding the bookkeeping tasks (e.g. (e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable etc.): These can either be preformed by the candidate themselves or continue to be outsourced to the accounting service provider.
Beyond this your main duties will include:
• Responsibility for the monthly closing and financial reporting to the mother company in Japan
• Issuing invoices, budget controlling & financial planning for the German office and other subsidiaries
• Advise the Japanese HQ on German accounting regulations: identify discrepancies between local and group regulations, and ensure that the local subsidiary's accounting is in compliance with German law
• Ensure the completion of various key business analysis projects, improvement initiatives, or other assigned projects with a financial benefit to the company
• Close cooperation with the accounting assistant in Germany and the external service providers with regards to payroll etc.
• Successfully completed university degree or vocational training
• Several years of professional experience in a comparable position as well as good foundational knowledge of German accounting practices
• Knowledge of HGB preferred, IFRS also welcome but not necessary
• Business fluent communication skills in German and English
• Excellent intercultural communication skills with the ability to work individually as well as in a team
• Good command of MS Office, experience with Datev, Microsoft Dynamics or other accounting systems also advantageous
• A position of responsibility with the opportunity to bring in your own creativity and expertise as part of an international team
• Home Office possibility of up to 2 days negotiable
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Esther Auffermann under +49 (0)211 749686-36.
Please only apply via our job portal: https://jobs.fischer-hrm.de/stellenanzeigen/4166_accounting-manager-europe-mfd.html
We look forward to receiving your application!