Strategic Business Innovator Berlin GmbH is the German subsidiary of SBI Holdings, Inc., a Japanese financial conglomerate and one of Japan‘s most active investors. We operate consulting and investment in the venture capital industry with a focus on innovative sectors such as Industry 4.0 and Impact.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Venture Capitalist.
As full-time employee, you would contribute to Strategic Business Innovator Berlin’s overall vision to become a renowned venture capital player in the European ecosystem. Furthermore, you will be involved in other key business projects related to our Japanese holding company.
- End-to-end investments in the field of deep tech and impact: Lead all aspects of investment including investment thesis development, sourcing, investment memo, due diligence, negotiation, approval and deal closing – especially for our European fund
- Business development: Work with portfolio companies to help them in their overall strategy building, business development, fundraising and M&A where relevant; Head internal business development for portfolio companies to forge collaborations and partnerships between other industry players and the portfolio companies
- Perform any GmbH-related business matters
Your qualification and experience:
- At least 10 years working experience (minimum principal level)
- Strong financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills
- Extensive industrial as well as start-up network in Europe/Germany
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects with tight timelines, in parallel
- Passion and expertise in technology
- Background in Finance or any technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Programming etc.), holding strong academic degrees (PhD, MBA, M.S., M.A., etc.)
- Board-level experience (at least observer)
- Operative start-up experience
- Proficient in English and German both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and think visionary
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High motivation to work in a culturally diverse business environment (Passion for working with start-ups and enjoying the unique Japanese-German working culture)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Your preferred starting date: April 2021 (flexible)
- Your office environment: Modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to Checkpoint Charlie (however, currently home office due to Covid-19)
- How to apply: Please submit your CV in English and German and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.